Polifonias: paci è saluta
A documentary directed by Pierre-Marie Goulet.
- Duration: 78 min
- Director: Pierre-Marie Goulet
- Release date: 1997
- Co-production: Costa Do Castelo Filmes Image Creation Les Films du Village
- Languages: English español français
- Participation: Eurimages L'Institut Portugais de l'Art Cinématographique et Audiovisuel - Le Plan d'Action 16/9 de l'UE - Eurimages Le Plan d'Action 16/9 de l'UE
- Broadcast format: Digital Betacam
- Distribution: Zaradoc
Michel Giacometti, « the Corsican who fell in love with Portugal » was born in Ajaccio. He arrived in Portugal in 1959 to never leave it. He travelled all over the country collecting music, folk tales, stories and poems. He gave back pride to a culture which used to be regarded by its population as a shame. This Corsican seems to have reinvented the tradition of his island in Portugal. In saving the memory of a people he also followed a quest, a quest for the mythical roots we all have deeply buried in ourselves. « Polifonias » has followed his track, as it recalls the living memory of the elders, it shows that traditional music is alive in both Portugal and Corsica.
If you have a question? a project?
Send us a message