Music of India: Rajasthan, the music of the the desert ep.2/2
- Duration: 52 min
- Director: Agnès Nordmann Yves Billon
- Release date: 1992
- Co-production: Les Films du Village TLT
- Languages: English français
- Participation: CNC Direction de la Musique et de la Danse Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication Procirep
- Broadcast format: Digital Betacam
- Distribution: Zaradoc
A voyage through the arid and colourful land of Rajasthan. This desert plateau in western India is home to some of the country’s most ancient rural communities founded by the region’s wanderind bards and ministrels. The film’s setting is centered around the Langa. Manganiyar, Charan communities, their castes and musical traditions. Marriage ceremonies, funerals and the birth of a son serve to document the vital role which music plays in traditional Indian society.
If you have a question? a project?
Send us a message