- Duration: 123 min
- Director: Agnès Nordmann Yves Billon
- Release date: 1992
- Co-production: Les Films du Village TLT
- Languages: English français
- Participation: CNC Direction de la Musique et de la Danse Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication et de la Communication des Grands Travaux Procirep
- Broadcast format: Digital Betacam
- Distribution: Zaradoc
The unique and exceptional music of Ustad Bismillah Khan. Recognized throughout the world as one as the greatest musicians of Indian Raga, his fame is due to his astounding work with the Shanaï oboe whose status he trancended from that of a common court instrument to that of a classical solo instrument. Along the banks of the Ganges, the mythical city of Banaras is the setting of our film, providing a visual counterpart to the musical creation of the maestro’s genius.
If you have a question? a project?
Send us a message