Lucien Bodard: or “Lulu the Chinese man”
- Duration: 52 min
- Director: Michel Vuillermet Olivier Weber
- Release date: 1998
- Co-production: INA La Cinquième Les Films du Village
- Languages: English français
- Participation: CNC CNL Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication Ministère des Affaires Etrangères
- Broadcast format: Digital Betacam
- Distribution: Zaradoc
The last superstar of the major international reporters like Albert Londres or Joseph Kessel, “the old elephant” Bodard wrote romantic, powerful, strange and sensitive novels. Yet, in spite of his being indisputably succesful in the view of the public, the critics and the media, this adventurer in the country of litterature hasn’t found yet the place he deserves in the closed up world of French litterature who unlike the Anglo-Saxons are not keen at all on the mixing of genres. A few months after his death Bodard is still to be discovered. Some authors may have plain lives, as for Bodard, his life followed the stormy course of our century.
If you have a question? a project?
Send us a message