Kondonna or the initiation of a young Kabyé
A documentary directed by Luc Abaki Kouméabalo.
- Duration: 52 min
- Director: Luc Abaki Kouméabalo
- Release date: 2011
- Producers: Yves Billon
- Co-production: Baga Images + Le Mans Television Zaradoc
- Languages: English français
- Participation: CNC Göteborg International Film Festival
- Broadcast format: Fichier numérique HD
- Distribution: Zaradoc
Luc Abaki Kouméabalo is a Togolese journalist. Between his studies and his professional life, he did’nt have a moment for his initiation, a determining factor in his natal northern region of Togo, which integrates young men in their social sphere. He is today seeking to return to the mystery of his culture and to be initiated a posteriori.
Beware his quest, the director makes “Kondonna” serve as a substitute for his initiation and claim his identity as a young intellectual opened to other cultures but still attached to his country’s ancestral traditions.