- Duration: 52 min
- Director: Dominique Dreyfus Yves Billon
- Release date: 2001
- Producers: Yves Billon
- Co-production: Cannes TV Histoire Les Films du Village Mezzo TV Cultura
- Editing: Mari Corrêa
- Languages: English español français
- Participation: CNC Procirep TV5
- Broadcast format: Digital Betacam
- Distribution: Zaradoc
Brazilian music has always been a witness of its time. Yet, the Tropicalist movement, which was born at the end of the 60’s, was both a witness of contemporary history and one of its driving force. This short lived explosion, which shook the country between November 1967 and December 68, shattered the basis of Brazilian music.
Tropicalism triggered a revolution within the concepts of morals, ways of thinking and even the very idea of Brazilian identity. These upheavals have marked Brazilian national culture for ever.