Azzola: hot up, Marcel!
A documentary directed by Jean-Pierre Beaurenaut.
- Duration: 52 min
- Director: Jean-Pierre Beaurenaut
- Release date: 1997
- Producers: Yves Billon
- Co-production: La Cinquième Les Films du Village
- Sound: Frédéric LOTH
- Editing: Juan Condé
- Languages: English français
- Participation: CNC Ministère des Affaires Etrangères Procirep SACEM
- Broadcast format: Digital Betacam
- Distribution: Zaradoc
Marcel Azzola can be considered as a world musician even if it may sound a bit too exotic. Beyond all musical cosmopolitism the great Marcel reveals his uniqueness when he warms up musette valse and French songs to the swing of gypsy jazz rhythms. He is the master of typically French musical mixing that his Chinese, German, Russian and Japanese admirers would be right to call “à la parisienne world music”.
In a lively café, in an old dance hall on the Seine bank where he used to play and where nobody goes anymore and why not in the metro his music perfectly mixes to the sounds of a town he has drawn his style from.